Application Request Form: The request form provides you with all the information you need regarding the documentation that is required to begin the application process. It also informs you of the basic qualification requirements for our program and the specific areas of jurisdiction. A copy of the request form can be downloaded, by area and program. This form must be signed, dated and returned with $25.00 along with any required supporting documentation to begin the next step.
Application: Upon receipt of the Application Request Form, $25.00 and verification of the supporting documentation you will be sent an official application. After you completed the application and return it to the Des Moines Electrical Apprenticeship, with any additional required documentation, you will be scheduled for an aptitude test. The dates of this test very depending on the number of applicants at any given time. There is usually at least one testing date each month. However, this is not always the case. If you are scheduled for a test date and cannot make it on that date, you may have to wait until the next scheduled testing date to take the exam. Please pay close attention to the instructions included on the form. All the requirements of this form must be completed for your application to be considered valid and complete. You must provide, at a minimum, the following:
- Driver’s License (this must be current and valid throughout the application and selection process)
- One year of passing grades for high school Algebra or college Algebra (Pre-Algebra does not qualify)
- A copy of your high school diploma, HiSET or GED Certificate
- An official copy of your high school, HiSET or GED transcripts (The transcripts must verify that you have satisfactorily completed one year of high school Algebra, with a passing grade)
- (If applicable) An official copy of your college transcripts (The transcripts must verify that you have satisfactorily completed one semester of college Algebra, with a passing grade)
A $25.00 Application Processing Fee is required.
We accept the following methods of payment:
Cash, Check, Money Order, Visa, MasterCard or Discover Card